SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 31 May 2017

Chilled Day & Titchwell RSPB!

A very hot day, too hot for me. Had a chilled recovery day from Blakeney Point. Took my mother to a GP appointment this afternoon (with much protesting), then collected prescriptions. Went to buy fish 'n' chips in Hunstanton, but changed my mind when I saw the queue half way down the street! Note to self, don't book holiday in half-term time again! Helped mother with a few chores back at home.

I had a beautiful evening at Titchwell RSPB. I spent my entire time around the Fen Trail and the East Trail. Watched a pair of Red-crested Pochards on the pool beyond Patsy's Reedbed, who were booted off by a Coot just as I started to take pictures! Saw three Marsh Harriers, at least two Chiffchaffs, a Barn Owl at close range, Mute Swan with cygnets, Great Crested Grebe, tons of Gulls fly catching as the sun was setting over the pool. Lots of Swifts twisting through the skies, a Cuckoo calling and a Cetti's Warbler. Coots, Moorhens, Pochards, Tufted Ducks, Lapwings, a pair of Bullfinches and Blackbirds perched on the highest trees singing, as dusk fell.

On route home, a Yellowhammer flew across the road at the trig point, south of Thornham. Grey Partridges and Red-legged Partridges were in the fields around me. I watched the rest of the sunset over Holme Church and coastline before heading home.

It was very exciting to hear that Black-winged Stilts had bred at Welney WWT today, but then extremely sad and disappointing to hear a short while later, that the young had been predated.

PICTURES TO BE ADDED

No comments:

Post a Comment